Spend two days exploring Cape Town through a variety of available day tours (additional cost for each). We suggest these kid friendly excursions, depending on interests:
• Table Mountain – take a tram ride up the steep escarpment to the top of Cape Town’s iconic Table Mountain. If you are feeling adventurous, abseil or hike down from the top!
• Township Tour – explore the working class neighborhoods of Cape Town and experience local food and artwork on this guided walking tour.
• Robben Island – take a ride from the V&A Waterfront to Robben Island for a walking tour of the prison where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned during Apartheid.
• Penguins – drive down to Cape Point and stop along the way at Simon’s Town to view a colony of African penguins at Boulders Beach
• Seal Island – take a boat trip to Hout Bay’s Duiker (Seal) Island - a seal and bird sanctuary where kids can watch the seals
• Garden of Eden – visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens on the back slopes of Table Mountain, voted one of the top 7 in the world
• Grape Expectations – visit Spier Cultural Village and Wine Estate in Stellenbosch where parents can go wine tasting while kids feed the ducks or ride a pony
• Two Oceans Aquarium – see the sea life of South Africa’s two oceans (one of five on the world) at The V&A Waterfront
• Tropical Forest – Visit Butterfly World, on the N1 towards Stellenbosch and walk amongst butterflies and insects.
• Under the Stars – Experience Cape Town’s Planetarium, next to the South African National Gallery in the centre of town Grand West (fun for 10 years and younger)
Advise of your preferred activities at the time of booking. Overnight Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.